Have you ever awakened with the unmistakable impression that something is, to put it another way, not quite right? You get out of bed on the side that you never normally get out of bed on, you stub your toe on the bathroom door, and you drop your toothbrush on the floor, all while your alarm goes off again because you clicked the snooze button instead of the stop button.
The fact that all of this takes place within the first few minutes of waking up has the potential to demoralize many people and put them in a state of acceptance regarding the likelihood that these few occurrences will set the tone for a terrible environment for the remainder of their day.
What if, on the other hand, there was a way for us to cleanse ourselves of the negative energy that these occurrences leave behind through the use of eggs? Not by cooking an egg-based breakfast for yourself (although doing so could also be extremely productive), but rather by undergoing an egg-based energy detox.
In her essay, Molly Young explains how to do an egg cleanse and the significance of egg cleanses and the rituals that accompany them. In the past few years, these rituals have become more visible thanks to social media, despite the fact that they have been around and carried out for a considerable number of years.
According to Young, egg cleanses date back to the time of the Mesoamerican civilization and can also be referred to as “limpas.” During an egg cleanse, participants use raw eggs and eggshells to rid themselves of any negative energy that they believe surrounds their own being or the space in which they are located. This ceremony is known for removing poisonous energies, and in the process of doing so, it creates an energetic room for new opportunities and good luck.
How to do an egg cleanse is not just motivated by low energy levels, but also by a number of other factors. This is a practice that a lot of people used to undertake when they unexpectedly got sick, before starting a new project, when they were getting close to the beginning of a significant shift, or after breaking up with someone or becoming estranged from close friends or family members.
- Make a clear, room-temperature glass of water.
- Salt the water with table or sea salt, preferably natural ingredients such as crushed sea salt.
- After adding the salt to the water, grab a raw egg and roll it in circular motions over the brows and on the forehead. Some people delicately roll the eggs from head to toe.
- During this period, you should focus your intentions on happiness and relief from any negative energies that you notice in your head. Recognize them while depriving them of the attention they crave.
- After that, crack the egg into the glass with the salted water.
- Allow the egg to settle and then read it for yourself. Following the final interpretation, more salt is sprinkled on top of the egg, and the entire concoction is flushed down the toilet.